Xenical 120 mg (Normal Dosage)
Xenical Australia is prescribed children older 12 years old and adults for the treatment of obesity. This drug does not affect the functions of the central nervous system, and therefore it may be prescribed for the treatment of the obesity accompanied by the depressive disorders. In 2007 Xenical was approved by FDA for the treatment of the excessive weight in children and adults. Also, FDA approved the sale of this drug in the USA without prescription of the doctor. This was the first and single case when such strong and effective remedy for obesity was available each person without the needed prescription of the medical specialist.
The pharmacological action of the drug Xenical is based on the removal of the vegetable and animal fats from the body coming in the digestive tract with food. The active components of this drug connect with arrived fats in the intestine and prevent its intake in the wall of the intestine. At the same time, the main active component, Orlistat, blocks the gastric enzyme, lipase which plays a primary role in the digestion of the fats.
The optimal daily dose of Xenical is 120 mg. It is better to take the tablet in the morning before breakfast until the food reaches the stomach. If the tablet is taken after eating, fats will dissolve in the intestine and there will no pharmacological effect.
The use of Xenical should be combined with physical exercises and light diet. Reducing the use of the fatty food and increase of the physical exercises will lead to the faster onset of the results and reduction of the excessive weight. A disadvantage of Xenical is a length of the course of the treatment which may be 12-18 months.
- Xenical is not prescribed patients who have obesity caused by the chronic diseases (for example, hypothyroidism
- Besides the neutralization of the fats in the body Orlistat also influences on the removal of some vitamins from the body. In the course of the clinical studies it has been indicated that there is lack of vitamins A, D and E. That is why it is reasonable to take the course of polyvitamins while taking this drug for obesity in order to restore the needed vitamins.
- Xenical Online is contraindicated children under 12 years old, in case of the high sensitivity to the active component Orlistat, and acute diseases of the intestine.
- It is not recommended to take this drug during the stone disease and other affections of the kidney because Orlistat increases deposition of salt in the kidney
- Orlistat is also contraindicated during cholestatic syndrome and malabsorption syndrome
Possible Side Effects
The use of Xenical may cause the following side effects: often defecation, oily discharges from anus, abdominal distention, and headache.
In most cases the side effects pass away, however if they are not improved, it is necessary to go to the attending doctor.
- Orlistat Australia lowers the absorption of the liposoluble vitamins A, E, K by 30%
- Ethyl alcohol does not influence on the pharmacodynamics and pharmakinetics of the drug Xenical
The tablets of Xenical should be taken according to the prescription of your attending doctor. If you have missed the use of the medication, do not take it if it is less than 12 hours before the next dose. In this case it is necessary to wait for the next use and take one dose which is indicated in the prescription.
The overdose by the drug Xenical is hardly probable because the drug is quickly and easily absorbed by the body and does not cause any negative effects. However, it is not recommended to take the increased dose in purpose, this will not bring more efficiency and speed of the treatment.
Orlistat should be kept at the temperature of 20-15 Celsius, away from the sources of the warm, humidity and light. Do not keep it in the bathroom and place available for children and animals.
The information represented in this article has extremely informative nature and is not a guide for the obligatory action. All information about the initial use, mechanism of the action, contraindications, common use, side effects, medical interaction, and storage is intended for the general idea about the medical product and additional increase of knowledge.
Before taking any medical product it is necessary to consult a qualified health care professional. Full responsibility for the non-compliance with the doctor’s recommendations rests with only a patient who takes medications.